: A leading independent electrical testing & certification lab providing true single-source testing in four world-class laboratories in Maryland, California & Texas, and through wholly-owned China, Taiwan, Korea & Italy operations. MET Laboratories offers a unique array of testing services and accreditations, and partners with leading laboratories to offer comprehensive global compliance solutions. For over 50 years, MET has provided leading-edge customers with unparalleled facilities and technical know-how, and real-time online tracking of each project’s progress.
MET Laboratories Inc. was founded by Leonard Frier as Maryland Electrical Testing in 1959. Originally, the company focused on testing high voltage electrical transmission and distribution systems.In the early 1970s, MET began product safety listing services. Later MET was among the first laboratories to perform EMI and telecommunications testing to the emerging FCC regulations.
In 1989, MET became the first Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) in the United States for testing and certifying products to UL safety standards.In 1992, MET changed its focus exclusively to testing and certification of electrical products - whether in the laboratory or at customer locations. Later that year, the MET test report became accepted in 30 countries through the IECEE Certified Body (CB) Scheme. From 1999 to 2012 MET established operations in 5 new locations world wide. These included a full service laboratory in Union City, California, operations in Shenzhen, China, full service laboratory in Santa Clara, California, full service laboratory in Austin, Texas, and operations in Milan, Italy.
MET has been a pioneer in testing and certification services and continues to be in the forefront of the electrical standards industry.
MET Laboratories offers many great benefits for employees, such as:
From MET's anonymous 2015 Employee Survey:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical and Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Reimbursement Plan
- Medical Reimbursement Account
- Group Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- 401(K) Plan
- Legal Support for Non-Citizens
- Workers Compensation
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- “It’s extremely rare to find a job that you love, where people treat you like family.”
- “MET is an excellent place to work. I think it’s a stable environment with a great team to support each other. We work as a tight team and it’s great to know I can really count on most of my colleagues for their support and provide excellent customer service to customers.”
- “The technical staff that we have in our Lab is really knowledgeable and helpful. The information that I require to do my job is readily available to me.”
- “My manager is approachable, personable, and an excellent example of work ethics. I've never been afraid to ask questions.”