Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it's now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready-to-use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
"Good for You, Good for the Planet" is Barilla's purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction - Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Trade Marketing and Financial Sales Specialist - within Trade and Sales in Northbrook, IL. The individual will report to the Trade Marketing Senior Manager - America.
Job Purpose: The Trade Marketing and Financial Sales Specialist supports the Trade Planning Department to enhance the department's overall effectiveness and reporting capabilities.
- Conduct Trade Deal verification analysis for the Retail Channel using Vistex TPM/TPO.
- Generate monthly and quarterly accrual files from SAP and Vistex. Present accrual information to Sr. Trade Manager, Customer Marketing Director and Vice President of Sales.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales/Finance/Demand Planning/Audit to ensure the monthly and quarterly accruals generated from Vistex are reasonable.
- Submit monthly and quarterly accruals into the Finance Revolution tool.
- Provide Monthly Trade Spending Analytics to Sr. Trade Manager - America using SAP/BI, Vistex and Corporate Finance report.
- Create/develop and analyze Monthly Trade Spending Reporting and Reconciliation for Customer Marketing Associate Director - America to ensure accuracy between Vistex and Corporate Financial reporting systems.
- Communicate spending reports to Barilla Regional Managers on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the data gathering and audit activities required by external auditors (KPMG).
- Work on Ad hoc projects as directed by the Sr. Trade Manager.
- Work with Sales to develop sales plans and strategies. Assist sales manager with loading sales plans into Vistex trade system.
- Analyze data to support the sales management process that will result in improved business results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a Sales analytical role
- 1-3 years of experience in trade management
- 1-3 years of experience in deduction resolution
- 1-3 years of experience in project management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access); knowledge of SAP and/or Promo Assist a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas, and sexual orientation.