Barilla America NY, Inc. wants to recruit a Processing Operator within Supply Chain based in Avon, NY. The individual will report to a Production Supervisor.
A high school Diploma or GED is required for this position. Processing Operators will only work half the days in a month, as they work a 12 hr. shift in a (2-2-3) shift pattern. An employee shift will start 7pm. Applicants must be available to work every other weekend as part of their regular schedule. Previous work experience in production or food manufacturing is preferred, but not required. General computer knowledge is required, and prior experience with Excel is preffered.
The Processing Operator is responsible for the operation of the processing lines and the semolina unloading. Operations include; automated mixing, die selection/installation, extrusion, cutting or pressing, drying processes and semolina unloading to insure the quality of the pasta being produced. The essential job functions are as follows:
- Operate and monitor processing equipment to prevent problems and to guarantee that pasta is within quality specification.
- Monitor all peripheral equipment to guarantee proper working order.
- Complete essential paperwork including Daily Production Check Sheets, Control Sheets, Waste Tickets, Daily Printout and Daily logbook associated with equipment utilized during shift.
- Verbally communicate with the previous operator regarding prior shift's activities (problems that occurred, etc.) and through written record in the logbook.
- Reset alarms and correct associated problems.
- Maintain the semolina flow rate and water percentage through a computerized process.
- Conduct periodic moisture and screw pressure tests.
- Ensure temperature and humidity levels meet pre-determined values.
- Ensure all motors and fans are working correctly.
- Check control points periodically for pasta defects.
- Adhere to pasta recipes.
- Change dies for the processing of a new product.
- Monitor the humidity and screw pressure values (by measuring water percentage).
- Monitor the vacuum mixer to make certain that the pasta dough maintains an appropriate level.
- Change cutter blades when a new product is run.
- Make physical checks of all aspects of the line on an hourly basis to ensure proper operation of all equipment and production of pasta.
- Clean out lines when necessary.
- Communicate with Maintenance and other processing operators as needed to resolve line problems.
- Communicate with Process Technologist regarding any questionable product.
- Communicate with Packaging regarding product flow and operational issues effecting Processing line.
- Perpetually maintain operational sanitation inside and outside of equipment and work area.
- Assist and support other processing operators as needed.
- Assist in training new operators.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas and sexual orientation.