Barilla America NY, Inc. wants to recruit a Maintenance Technician within Supply Chain Unit, based in Avon, NY. The individual will report to the Technical Area Professional - Avon. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the operation, repair, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of all production equipment within Barilla America's Avon, NY facility.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary to ensure plant reliability.
- Adjusts metal detector as needed and documents on the Company provided forms.
- Assist and/or lead in maintenance procedures throughout the plant.
- Troubleshoot any maintenance issues throughout the plant.
- Complete various projects including welding, machining, mechanical, electrical, and work orders as assigned.
- Monitor plant facilities which include air system, fire system, etc.
- Prioritize maintenance work that needs to be completed.
- Partner with Packing and Processing to ensure product flow (e.g. work with operators on troubleshooting, and operate machinery).
- Be able to operate all machinery including format and size changes in designated area.
- Assist and/or lead in maintenance procedures through contractors / vendors.
- Troubleshoot PLC and use PLC to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Troubleshoot VFD's.
- Work and communicate well with others and effectively contribute to the working relationships within Barilla America.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of Maintenance experience (mechanical and electrical) and experience with PLC's and VFD's. Prior experience in manufacturing maintenance is preffered.
- Associates degree in maintenance or an equivalent trade school certificate preferred, but not required.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas and sexual orientation.