Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it's now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready-to-use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
"Good for You, Good for the Planet" is Barilla's purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction - Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Production Planning Professional - America - within Supply Chain in Northbrook, IL. The individual will report to the Production and Distribution Planning Sr. Manager - America
Job Purpose: Responsibility of production planning and all related project management for co-pack and import items for Barilla North America in order to ensure service to customers, inventory in the network, production efficiency and overall total supply cost.
- Coordinate and oversee short, medium and long term production plan at production locations to ensure achievement of order fill rate and target inventory levels by SKU at lowest landed cost across the network.
- Demand analysis: Work constantly with demand planning to analyze demand deviation, set priorities and solve unexpected situation in terms of customer demand.
Run analysis on total demand in the supply network taking into account capacity constraints and bottlenecks.
- Responsible for project management for new items, packaging changes, and other business initiatives, ensuring on-time execution with no negative customer impact. Maintain close alignment with the plant to achieve overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with necessary contacts to set production priorities and adjust production plans to achieve stated service and cost objectives.
- Capacity management: Work with other internal planners in order to understand if additional co-pack or import volume is necessary; incorporate additional needs into the run strategy
- Implement and enhance production planning processes and solutions for medium, short-term.
- Lead development and improvement of co-packer attainment metrics and spearhead initiatives to improve results working with the co-packer as needed
- Takes care of unexpected supply issues and work with the supply chain team to implement viable solutions reducing the involved risks and costs
- Provide clear, timely communication and tactical relationship management with external parties supporting manufacturing operations (e.g., packaging suppliers, raw material suppliers, USDA).
- Ensure accurate production reporting and timely and accurate product releases
- Aid in the production budget, taking care of all the master data set up
- Responsible for maintaining planning master data to ensure the system is up-to-date and running efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a business discipline
- 3-5 years' experience in Supply Chain Management in Consumer Package Goods (CPG) industry
- Prior ERP experience with Supply Chain Management modules
- Experience with SAP and APO Module for production or distribution planning
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work strategically and tactically with a hands-on approach
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestically as well as internationally
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas, and sexual orientation.